THERE’S MORE TO SELLING YOUR HOME THAN PUTTING A “FOR SALE” SIGN IN YOUR FRONT YARD.
Even if a simple sign in your yard did produce a buyer knocking on your door, are you prepared to handle the following questions?
- How does your home compare to others like it in Arizona West Valley areas like Litchfield Park, Avondale, Buckeye, Surprise and Goodyear?
- How did you determine the fair market value of this property?
- What about financing? Can you help?
- If I make an offer, who will draw up the paperwork?
- Why aren’t you using a REALTOR®? Is there something wrong with the property?
- Since you aren’t using a local real estate agent, we can take their fee right off the top, right?
Selling your home is one of the most important financial transactions you will make in your life. Don’t take risks. Selling your home is nothing like selling a car. Every home is different, and every home buyer wants to offer you as little as possible. How do you determine the real market value?
The majority of home sales are done with a REALTOR®. As top real estate agents, it’s our job to help you negotiate with all those buyers who want something for nothing. Not to mention preparing your home for sale, marketing it locally, and even nationally as applicable, and guiding you through the complex paperwork and pitfalls of escrow and closing. Make sure you are really ready to handle all of that before pounding that sign into your front yard. Errors can be extremely costly.
Also, keep in mind that home buyers generally want to offer you as close to nothing as possible. While that “For Sale By Owner” sign might sound like a good idea to you, it usually means “Let’s try to steal this one,” to buyers.
If you must sell your own home, at least let us help you price your home appropriately by giving you a sense of its true market value.